Saturday, September 18, 2010

Some Needed Encouragement

Last weekend, I was feeling pretty sad about missing my Grandma after her death, saying goodbye to my sister and best friend Emily who went back to Montana after being home in Michigan for the week, and also having no idea what to do next future / job-wise. But lots of people really encouraged me, and I am so grateful! God has blessed me with amazing friends and family!

Lately, my mom and dad have both been incredibly encouraging. My mom keeps reminding me that there is a reason I haven't gotten a job yet - so I could take care of my grandma / spend time with her :) and so not to get down on myself. God has a plan and perfect timing. (I can clearly see that looking back!)

After the funeral and everything last week, I was feeling wiped out and a lot of pressure on myself to get a job right away, but Monday night my parents both said that I should take a week or two off after everything with Grandma. I was surprised! Seriously? Dad said, "and there's something I need you to do tomorrow... go golfing with me." lol. They said, "yeah, golf, fish, bike, etc. Give yourself time to recover." I appreciated their wisdom and advice. Then, my mom and I had a nice long conversation about Grandma Wandell and how much she meant to us :) I was like, God, You are crazy! Thank you for blessing me with such amazing parents / family!

I was all ready to get a job at Meijer or wherever. And I would be willing to work at whatever job I need to because I realized that I don't need a lot to be happy (family, friends, food, shelter, a library card :) I don't care that much about social prestige or climbing ladders, but I do want to work at what God wants me to, to support myself, and to appreciate what really matters in life. I also realized that I really do want to write a book and would like to get going with that :) Even more than I would want to be in book publishing, I would like to write.

Now, with with my parents' blessing, I think I will recover and wait a week or two to see what comes up job-wise. Mom called this the "here am I send me" period of my life, and I like that way of putting it. I am open and available to whatever God has next for me. . . who knows what that will be. lol. No doubt a great adventure. (Prayers appreciated.) Thanks to encouragement and time to rest, I am moving away from the discouragement and fear that had crept in and towards confidence, faith and trust in God and His good plan for my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment