Thursday, March 31, 2011

The Next Great Adventure

I have been unemployed for quite a while and have been applying for lots of job opportunities that haven't worked out. This last week on Tuesday I interviewed with the Montana Conservation Corps (where my sister Emily is returning this year as a crew leader). And guess what!!! . . . I was accepted :) So it looks like I will be going out to Montana with Emily for a temporary position that goes from the end of May through November :) Woohoo! Yeah!!! I am so excited!!! (cue happy dance :)

The Montana Conservation Corps is something I wanted to do ever since Emily went out there last year (because obviously that would be an awesome adventure!!!). But I thought God would call me into something else career-wise, and I didn't want to let my own desires cloud my view of whatever God wants for my life. I didn't want to act out out of selfishness or escapism or impulsiveness or simply copying what is best for someone else but might not be God's plan for me. But with how things have worked out I can clearly see that this is what God was leading me to all along and what is wise.

I believe God sent Emily out to Montana to bless her and also to prepare the way for me to go out there. I have complete peace and joy that this is what I am meant to do :) It all seems too good to be true!!! I am so blessed!!! - that I get to go on this remarkable adventure, spend time with my sister Emily, explore the beauty of God's creation, and meet lots of amazing people out in Montana. I want to wholeheartedly embrace this next great adventure and leave the rest up to God :)  

Though it was often incredibly painful at the time, I don't regret all of those failed job applications and the rejection I faced - because God used all of that to grow me in faith and trust, in experience interviewing, in patience, in perseverance, and in compassion for others in the challenges they face in life. I am by no means perfect in how I live my life, but in knowing God, He is continually transforming me for the better and guiding me along the way through all of the ups and downs. I have complete confidence now that my worth is not dependent on what I do but is unshakably found in simply belonging to God who loves me truest and best :)

Thanks to everyone who has encouraged and supported me in this season and throughout my life!!! If you would like to pray for my upcoming time in Montana, here is a list of prayer requests.

Prayer Requests:
1. For everyone in the Montana Conservation Corps to come to salvation in Christ and to know God personally, a life-changing relationship with God who loves us truest and best.
2. For all of the members to get along well and form lasting friendships.
3. For God to give me words and ways to encourage others and a heart to love and appreciate them well.
4. For safety for all of the crew members in travel, while camping and hiking, and in working on the trails.
5. For Emily and I to grow in our relationship with God and in character and faith.
6. For all of us to have good attitudes, work hard, not complain, stay positive, build each other up, and have many fun adventures together.


Thanks :)
Katie

1 comment:

  1. Aww this entry is example enough of why you and your sister are a pleasure to have on a crew. Emily was a wonderful crew member and you will be too! :)

    ReplyDelete